Monday, October 17, 2011

October 16, 2011

These words were taken from the voice recorder that Chase sent to us. 

Hey everyone! We played soccer today for pday. It was really fun. We played Koreans vs Americans. We won the main game and then the Koreans kicked our butts. We are super sore from soccer today. Tonight we are going to meet with our ward missionary leader to talk about our investigators. Tonight are transfer calls and we are pretty positive that we won't stay together. We are pretty sad about that but it has been an awesome four and a half months.

Our apartment is on the 23rd floor. It's not bad. An awesome view every night.

The subway is not that cool mom. The next time I ride it mom I will talk about it.

Tonight was a really good night. We had the meeting with our ward mission leader and then family home evening. We talked about conference and what we liked. We had a investigator there and it was really good for him.

We just got transfer calls. I am staying in Yeong Dong Po. Elder Van Hoff is transferring to Sin Dong with a Korean missionary. My new companion is Elder Reyes.

We just came down to the subway. It is crazy down here. People are crazy. There are nine subway lines. We pretty much ride it everyday. They have had to put up gates in front of the entrances because students were committing suicide by jumping in front of them.

There are mosquitos everywhere. We have to spray bug spray on us and put a fan by us when we sleep so that they don't eat us alive. I don't know how they get 230 ft in the air to our apartment. Tomorrow is transfers. We have to get up really early and go to Dong Dae Moon. 

It is wednesday. Today was transfer day. I have a devastating story to tell you about the travel there. We were riding on the subway and we had all of Elder Van Hoff's bags and we got to our stop and got off and got up to the street and I went to take my camera out of my backpack to take some photos and my backpack was not on my back. I left it on the subway!! The camera card had all of my photos from last december. I hope that someone will turn it in. People don't really steal stuff in Korea. We will see. My new companions name is Elder Reyes. He is a baller. He is from Los Angeles. I was in the MTC with Elder Reyes. It is going to be an awesome transfer. We cleaned our apartment today it looks brand new. I would send you a picture but I can't. We had english class tonight it was great. A girl in our english class told us that her hobby was licking cats. HAHA I don't know? 

We are at our church to make an english flyer. We just got done helping a member with her english paper for school. We corrected every single sentence that she wrote. She is really good at english but writing it is different. Today was a great day. Still don't have my bag and camera. Elder Reyes is an awesome cook. He made the best omelet today. We are going to visit bishop tonight. 

Today was a great day. We had weekly planning meeting. We have a lot going on. That is always good. We then went and taught our investigator that owns the restaurant. She always feeds us this really good stuff called Kim te che. She has been really sick. After that we went to the church and made flyers. And then, this will make mom really happy…….WE FOUND MY BACKPACK. Everything was left in it.!!! We visited another investigator. I have been eating a lot and I am finally gaining some weight. 

Today is Sunday and just got home from church. The first thing that happened we had a meeting with all of the church leaders to talk about our investigators. Our recent convert came he comes every week he is awesome. He pulled out the hymn book to sing and he propped it up on the bench he looked like he had been coming to the ward for twenty years he just fits right in. It was so cool. I took a picture of him and sent it to Elder Van Hoff. Then Elder Reyes gave his (it is funny on the recording he always has to ask his companion how you say something in english) introduction talk. He did awesome. We were just talking to all of the members after church and one of the members came and introduced this lady to us that had just walked in. She had gone to the english ward. But she doesn't speak english. So we talked with her for about an hour about our church and got to know her. The english branch had cooked lunch so we got to eat english food and drink root beer! It was awesome. We are going to meet her again next sunday for church. She has already started reading The Book of Mormon. And had some spiritual experiences with the reading. The stories she read brought her to tears. So we are excited to meet with her. Then we were walking down stairs to the second floor where priesthood is held and when we turned the corner and there was the member that had just got married when I first got to Yeong Dong Po. She stopped us and asked us, "Hey what does my husband have to do to get baptized? He has had all of the lessons". So we talked and I told her that all he has to do is get his interview. She wanted to know when we could do that and I told her whenever she wanted to. She told us that he is really busy next week and the week after that. She said what about this week. So it is looking like we are going to have a baptism this coming saturday. We are super excited for that. It was an awesome day at church. Hopefully it will all work out and we will have a baptism this saturday. So that was our awesome day at church. The Lord is amazing. You never know when he is going to bless you. 

The rest of sunday was pretty sweet. After lunch we went out and talked to a bunch of people. We found a few that want to meet again. After that we met with a member that needed help translating some stuff and help with and english paper. We helped her and pretty much had to rewrite everything. We visited our new ward mission leader. His name is Ochun Doke. He is sweet. I love him. He has the cutest little girl. She is so funny. When we first started meeting with him she was really shy and now she loves us. She just stares at us too. 

We have been on  the phone with our zone checking on them and to see how their week went. Everyone is doing pretty good. My new companion Elder Reyes is the best. It is going to be super fun. We are expecting a baptism in six days, we love our area, our house is super clean, we now have a 5 inch dvd player for watching preach my gospel training dvd's. One weird thing about Korea that we hate in the fall is these trees that drop fruit everywhere. When the fruit breaks it smells just like poo. It is the worst smell ever!!!!!! Koreans go around everywhere to pick them up and make tea out of it. Yuck! Gross! They are everywhere and the smell is so bad. Well, I only have over six months on my mission, pretty crazy, so if everyone wants to start writing and emailing me it would probably be a good time to start. Just Saying! I love you all and I will write you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment