Monday, August 29, 2011

AMAZING WEEK

First of all I want to start off by saying we had an AMAZING week and saw so many miracles!! We had 5 investigators at church yesterday! The most I've ever had on my whole mission!! Two of them were referrals from a less active family we have been working with that comes to church every week now!! Her son also is preparing to serve a mission! They are awesome!! She brought a family with her to church! And they are really interested in why there are so many churches and really want to know why!! They have so much interest I am super super excited to teach them!!! Also, Daniels sister came to church as well!!! We met with her afterwards and set a baptismal date with her for September 25th! So we were really excited about that too!! Also, we found 4 new investigators this week! I want to tell you the story of how we met one of them! So, during personal study on Friday morning I was reading the Book of Mormon when all of the sudden the idea came to me that I needed to mark a proselyting Book of Mormon (the one I would use when I talked to people on the street that day) I had never ever done this before so I thought it was kinda weird but then I just did it! I highlighted and marked with a tab the title page, last 2 paragraphs on the introduction, Alma 7 and Moroni 7 some of my favorite scriptures!! I didn't give it out all day proselyting and we had talked to a bunch of people! We had a lesson at 6:30 and taught it and still had an hour and half left in the day! So we decided to go visit a member but we got there and she wasn’t home!! All of the sudden another members name popped into my head! So I just said out loud "let’s go visit 조병갑" he is in the stake presidency and super awesome!! So we decided to do that! We got to his house and you have to buzz the person that you’re going to visit to get into the apartment, (it's kinda annoying) we were deciding on a scripture to share and a lady walked in and put in her password so we just followed her in and were standing inside then she told us to go back out and ring the person we came to visit and that we couldn't just walk in.. haha I started giving her an excuse why we did it and we weren't going to go back outside but then the door started to close and I just decided to go back out for some reason!! So we were outside again just about to ring the bell and this guy walks up to us and says in English "do you guys need something?" haha we were shocked and just kinda looked at him for a second! But then we got talking for a minute and he invited us up to his house and we got to teach him and it was super awesome!! He knew a few people that were LDS and we set up a time to go back and visit him so we are really excited for that!!! I was really really blown away by that experience!! Then we were walking home after and we passed this older guy and he just stared me down as we past! So I turned around and he was still just walking the other way looking at me!! Haha so we stopped and then he motioned for us to come talk to him!! We set up an appointment with him and met him the next day!!!! It was awesome! This was an amazing week!! I’m really grateful for everything that happened this week and feel really lucky to have been able to see so many amazing things!! I love you all and hope you have a great week!!
Love,
Elder Frei

No comments:

Post a Comment