Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wow mom! I can't believe Boots already had his farewell! That's really exciting! and I can't believe that Kristy is coming back to Korea! she will have to come say hi to me! haha that's sooo cool! And I got both of the packages last Wednesday!! I still haven't got the one with the memory card so you might want to try and track that and I haven't got the last one I'm sure it will be here soon!! The packages are so awesome!!! Thanks so much!! I loved all of it! I have so much candy!!! Tell everyone I said thanks! I really like the calendar that Grandma sent me and the book by the MTC president! it's all awesome thanks! And the cowboys shirt is sweet haha!! Oh tell Tara and Tavie that I said thanks for the tree too that was way sweet!! I can't believe how close Christmas is already!! and I will let you know when I get the other stuff! oh and transfers are this week so Elder Jorgensen is going home and Elder Fisher is too! you will have to find out when his homecoming is and go!! He is awesome I'm going to play soccer with him one last time today! if I see Elder Jorgensens parents I will let you know! I probably wont though I don't know how I would!!   My Sunday was the best!! the baptism happened!!! It was amazing! It went perfect!!! It was so awesome to have a baptism and such a great experience to see someone that I have taught have a new start on life it is such an amazing blessing! I have seen so many miracles this past week, I feel like all the blessings are starting to come from all of the work I have done in the past four months!! this past week we found 4 new investigators on the street!! two of them are Chinese!! they are going to school at the college!! so awesome!! and last night I had the coolest experience ever!! We were going to our ward mission leaders house because we go there every Sunday. We were stopped at a cross walk (there are tons of people on the streets all the time) so I started talking to this older man.. I talked to him for a minute and he told me he wasn't really interested so I said that was ok and just told him why I was in Korea.. when I got done I noticed out of the corner of my eye that someone was watching me.. I looked over and realized that he was staring at the Book of Mormon! I said hi to him and started talking to him!!! I told him that I was a missionary and that I serve for free for two years.. he was very shocked and asked me what I did as I served! I told him that I teach about Jesus Christ’s gospel and other types of service, but I especially teach about the Book of Mormon!! we kept talking and I told him how long I had been in Korea for, he was extremely shocked that I could speak Korean to him!! it was funny!! it turns out that he is from North Korea going to school in Seoul!! he is also involved in helping other groups of North Koreans that move here! he told me that he wanted to introduce me to ALL of them so that they could learn about the religion and everything else because they have never had a chance to!!! we exchanged numbers and he said he would call me soon!! I'm so excited!! it was so amazing! after he left i couldn't even believe that it had just happened!!! then, to top things off, later that night Elder Fisher called me and told me that one of the people I found and taught from my first area is going to get baptized on January 9th!!! sooo many miracles this week was so awesome!! I know that the Lord has truly blessed me so much to allow me to do so many great things, I am so lucky to be here and be part of this work! I'm so grateful for my family and for everything that you all do for me! as Christmas still approaches remember what the true meaning of it is! Jesus Christ, our savior! he is the center of our church and I know that he truly does lead it. I love this gospel. as it says on my plaque: I know that I am nothing, as to my strength I am weak... but through the strength of the lord I can do all things, yea many mighty miracles have we wrought in this land. Alma 26:12   I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week!


Love, Elder Frei

No comments:

Post a Comment