Monday, July 18, 2011


Transfer calls are tonight!! We are hoping we stay!! I think we will! Good chance for sure!! It looks like the trip was way fun I'm glad you had fun!! Maybe we will have to do it again when I get home I've never even got to see Stacie and Al's place yet!! I want to! Sounds like a lot of driving though that part doesn't sound very fun at all.. Today I think we are going to play soccer for p day with all the missionaries in the zone! We’re going to Costco to eat after this then we will go over there! Ok I answered all of your questions! And I'll send pictures with this email :)
This week was another awesome week!! We did so much!! And it was so fun!! Temple day was great as usual! After the temple session we went to a sushi place! I love seafood now. Especially seafood! Weird huh? I hated it before I left.. Now I always want to eat it!! haha then after that we went to the National Museum of Korea! It was really cool Korea has such a long history!! The museum was really nice and big! I'll send some pictures from it! On Wednesday we met two of our investigators they are really funny to teach, they are both in college and super shy they don't talk a lot so it makes it kinda hard and awkward it's so funny! Then we had English class and that's always fun! We also had specialized training wed and thur. It was really good! I learned a lot! Thursday was also Elde Vanhoffs year mark as a missionary so we went out to dinner at this super good place (they have really good kimchee) haha then after that we went bowling with some of the single adults in our ward!! It was way fun! We played me and Elder Vanhoff against the 3 of them and the losers had to buy lunch! haha I bowled horrible cause the lanes in Korea are crappy but Vanhoff did way good so we won and they are going to take us to eat tomorrow I think haha it was super funny! Then on Friday a member from the English branch took us out to dinner! They are really awesome! Brother and sister Pinnegar! He is a pilot in the army! I told him that Hunter would love him! He is really funny! So that was really fun to just talk and get to know them and stuff!! Then on Saturday we went to a wedding! The girl is in our ward and the husband isn't a member yet but he will be getting baptized pretty soon I think, so that will be way good!! Korean weddings are way different than America! It was a really fun experience! They do them at this big wedding hall and they do it way fast because there are a bunch of weddings on the same day then you just go next door to this way huge buffet and eat haha it was way fun! Church was really good yesterday! Our bishop is going to America today for 3 weeks! His family has been over there for a while but now he's going for work and then vacation! It will be weird with him gone! He gave us some good advice though!! So we’re really excited to do the things he said!! Well I hope everyone has a great week I love you all!
Love,
Elder Frei


July 10th
Hey everyone, This past week was amazing like usual!! On Monday we went shopping! I bought a new pair of shoes! They are dress shoes but not just any dress shoes! Ha I got shape ups! They are the best! Ha except for they are like 2 sizes small cause they don't carry my size in Korea!! But they are suppose to be really good for your back. I have already noticed a difference it's been really good! And my legs are always sore from them haha they are so funny looking I love it! Then we had family home evening and that was really good too!! Our ward is the best here. On Tuesday we had a zone leader training! It was really good! The best part about being a zone leader is that you get to be with President a lot more! I love it. I love learning from him he is such a smart person. Then on Wednesday we had a really funny meeting with one of our investigators, we were just talking and Koreans are really blunt and just speak their mind. On Thursday we ate dinner with a member and the two members that added you on facebook! They are super awesome!! It was way fun. We also had one of our investigators there with us! We had some pretty funny conversations about dating and random stuff like that! It's fun to be able to do stuff like that in Korean it's really weird sometimes when you think about it! On Friday we had another meal with a member as well! Her name is Sammy! She is super good at English because she went to BYU for a while and served a mission. She is awesome. She works with our Bishop! So it was way fun to get to know her and talk and stuff! Lately I have realized how much spiritual power you have as a missionary. Everyone looks to us when they need help with stuff or want to be uplifted or anything like that! ha I will talk about that later, on Saturday there was a big basketball tournament at our building and our Bishop had as ref a little bit, then after that him and Cedric(he is way awesome we play basketball with him in the mornings)_ took us on the base for lunch! It was so good! I ate at Burger King I couldn't believe how big the cups were and just everything! Haha so weird!!!!!!!! on Sunday we were at church and the meeting was about to start and the 1st counselor comes up to me and was just like hey one of the speakers didn't show up and were going to have you give a talk! Haha I had nothing prepared on to talk about or anything so I was kinda nervous! Then he came back and said Elder Vanhoff was going to give one too! Then I felt ok haha we both pulled off like 12 minute talks! It was crazy haha I don't know how we did it but we did and everyone said that they like it! I talked about prayer and used 3 Nephi 18 a lot! It was crazy! It just goes to show you how much the spirit can guide a talk! I had no idea what I was going to talk about at all when I walked up to the stand I just looked at the first counselor and shook my head at him because he is way funny then got up there and was just like "he just told me 10 minutes ago that I was giving a talk, I didn't have any time to prepare this, so don't expect a lot haha it was funny! This week we are super busy we have a two day training and temple day is tomorrow! I'm really excited for it, it should be awesome!!! Well I love you all and hope you all have a great week! Hope your having a great summer!!


Love,
Elder Frei

No comments:

Post a Comment